Tennis Taking on the Postseason

Tennis grabbed win after win this past week, now named district champs. After their success on our court, they play individual districts tonight at Veta West. With a 13-5 record, our tennis boys have big plans rolling into sectionals.

The team is getting into the right mindset to prepare for their upcoming matches. The wins against St. Charles and St. Charles West were big, but the upcoming competition will be bigger.

“We have had a good year and we are gonna try to carry that over into the postseason. We are getting ready mentally by encouraging ourselves to give our best and hope it carries us far in the postseason,” said sophomore Nathan Heiligenstein.

“I’m mentally preparing for sectionals by having a positive attitude. Physically, I’m preparing by drinking lots of water everyday to keep from getting dehydrated. Stretching is important as well,” said sophomore Josh Miller.

The whole team is fighting hard going in this postseason. Every player is going to be on their A-game in the weeks to come. The team will have to pull together and give their 100%.

“Even though there is only one or two people out there playing in a match, it is the job of the other members of the team to help cheer them on and support them,” said sophomore Derek Fesser.

In the end, all the team can do is work its hardest. You can bet every member of the team will be putting their all into these matches.

“I am preparing for districts like any other tennis match. Whenever I am on the tennis courts, I give it my all and that is all I can do,” said Fesser.

“I’m leading the team in the postseason by motivating my teammates to stay positive, even in the worst of times. Being a team-player is important on and off the court. Team support is going to make or break it for us, which is why we need to help each other refocus quickly when one of the guys is frustrated or lacking confidence,” said Miller.

Make sure to support the tennis boys in their postseason run! Let’s pray that all their hard work will show in their performance on the court.

Crusader Nation • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in