How to Make The Most of High School: Advice to Underclassmen

Four years come and go quicker than you think. You may feel like you have this whole high school thing figured out, but just in case you don’t, here is some advice offered by current seniors.

St. Dominic does a great job in offering countless ways for students to get involved. Whether it’s a club, sport or service group, St. Dominic gives you a way to put yourself out there. Most clubs are open to everyone and you are able to meet people and gain friendships.

“Try new things even if you think you might not be good at it. Meet new friends and don’t be afraid to be yourself,” said senior Helen Wilmes.

As the story goes, time flies when you are having fun. Don’t let that distract you from keeping those grades up. College comes quicker than you might think and they really care about your GPA. Still enjoy your time, but don’t have so much fun you ruin your future because of grades.

“Don’t slack off early, keep that GPA up. Join a club, do a sport, do something and get involved,” said senior Noah Roettger.

Overall high school is supposed to be some of the best years of your life. Don’t go through it without living a little. Try new things. Meet new people. Get good grades. Just live and enjoy it because before you know it you will be in the seniors’ shoes.