Go Go Go St. Dominic’s Joseph

If you’ve heard students muttering, “red and yellow and green and brown and scarlet and black and ochre and peach,” do not be alarmed. This is none other than the cast of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. The cast, crew and director Mrs. Melfreya Findley are hard at work to put on an awesome show that will blast you back into biblical times.

This is the first year Joseph has ever been performed at St. Dominic High School. The show is ninety minutes long, with nonstop dancing and singing. The music genres range anywhere from Broadway to hip-hop to even a bit of country. Mrs. Findley is overjoyed to direct her first musical at St. Dominic and even more glad that the show is faith-based with a great message.

“It’s religious in the fact that you know it comes from the Bible and it’s a Bible story. But it just has a good message to love everybody and keep your family close. That’s what I love about it,” said Mrs. Findley.

imageUnfortunately, Mrs. Findley’s first musical at St. Dominic is not going according to plan. Freshman Cameron Peters formally played a brother in the show, with a solo in the song “Those Canaan Days.” Sadly, he took the phrase “break a leg” too seriously and injured his leg playing baseball. Even with this bump in the road, the show must go on. Senior Sarah Hansen stepped up to the plate to learn Peter’s role.

“I felt so bad when I found out that Cameron broke his leg and could no longer be in all the show and I was shocked when Mrs. Findley asked me to take his place. It’s very overwhelming with less than two weeks to learn new lyrics and choreography, but I love a challenge and I’m happy to fill in for whatever role I’m needed,” said Hansen.

While Peters will not be able to dance in the show, you’ll still be seeing him belt out a show-stopping solo in Act II. Major props to Hansen for all the hard work and dedication she is putting into this musical. Mrs. Findley has major trust in this cast to make this show one to remember.

The role of the Narrator is split between three exceptionally talented women: Sophie Kluba, Lindsey Peters and Jackie Lang. These girls are having a phenomenal time with the show and cannot wait to share it with the student body.

image“Joseph has given me a chance to be sassy and have fun with the cast and not always have to be serious. I’ve made so many inside jokes with everyone because this is just that kind of a show. And Joseph is truly awesome because of this huge bond we have made. Not to mention, this entire show, we can just jam and let loose. I don’t think I’ve ever been more excited to do a show and I can’t wait,” said Lang.

With ten hour rehearsals and dozens of dance moves to memorize, the cast is pouring their hearts and souls into this show. Make an effort to come out and watch your friends and family put on a phenomenal musical. Show times are Thursday and Saturday at 7 PM and Sunday at 3 PM. Tickets are free for students and can be reserved in Mrs. Eaton’s office. Reserve your tickets, and come on down to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!