Dress for Success in the Wild West

Seniors Gabi Gevers, Bailey McNamee, Josie Otten, Cameron Forrester, Brad Seivers, Jimmy Peanick and Jacob Leubers on Wild West Wednesday

Whether it was cowboy boots on Western Wednesday or a beautiful gown at the dance, St. Dominic dressed to impress last week. Homecoming festivities had students and teachers dressing their absolute best (or worst) to show off their school Spirit.

Monday was the classic camo day, an annual tradition. The hallways were seemingly empty, but in reality students were covered head-to-toe in camouflage.

image
On Tacky Tuesday, the student body looked interesting to say the least. Groutfits, denim-on-denim, wacky socks and just plain craziness filled the halls.

Students grabbed their flannels and jeans for Western Wednesday. Seniors Shannon Krekeler, Helen Wilmes and Miranda Kirchoff had a different spin on this day and wore their favorite farm animal onesies. The halls looked like a blast to the past Wild West.

image
Juniors Katie Eck and Emily Delassus on Tacky Tuesday

On Thursy Jersey day, the halls were filled with students wearing sports wear. Senior Gabi Gevers took this day to the
next level and rocked a full body football uniform. On this day, student council also had an extra treat for the student body. They organized the Kona Ice Truck to come to school during lunch period.

“The Kona Ice was an awesome surprise for spirit week. It’s so nice of them to do that for us and just such a fun time,” said junior Kelly Sitz.

Spirit week came to a close with a day of class colors. Freshmen had the blues, and sophomores radiated the hallways in neon. Juniors wore their red, white and blue to show off their USA spirit, and seniors rocked their tie-dye. The assortment of themes created a colorful pep rally.

St. Dominic showed that we can dress for success. Every student’s school spirit helped the Crusaders create memorable homecoming memories.

image
Juniors Meghan Flynn, Kelly Sitz and Robyn Collumbien enjoying Kona Ice
image
Seniors Shannon Kreckler, Helen Wilmes and Miranda Kirchoff on Wild West Wednesday
image
Gabi Gevers on thursy-jersey day