These Boots Are Made For Dancin’

After an eventful week, St. Dominic closed out the festivities with a night on the dance floor at Homecoming on October 1. The Wild Wild West theme had everyone kicking off their boots and dancing the night away.

This year’s theme had students ready for a hoedown! Student Council worked hard and began preparing for the dance even before the school year started. The officers were able to bring new ideas and St. Dominic traditions together through hours of planning, brainstorming and polling the larger student body.

“Each person on the STUCO team had to bring in an idea of the theme, then we all voted to pick the one we wanted. We also turned to the student body for their suggestions,” said sophomore officer Tony Petruso.

The dance was a huge success filled with students dancing and having a blast with friends. The high point of the night was when the Homecoming King and Queen were announced from the senior court couples: Kyle Koenig and Lauren Basse, Michael Laugeman and Megan Rossmann and Alex Hoff and Chloe Rothermich. Koenig and Basse were crowned and shared a dance together afterwards.

“Being on court with friends was awesome because looking back on this year, I’ll remember sharing it with them! Everything was so fun and carefree. It was a great experience that I won’t forget,” said Basse.

With over 600 students in attendance, the dance floor was packed with energy. The DJ played music that encouraged even the most uncoordinated dancers to move to their own beat and sing along to both classic and modern hits. The changes STUCO made this year created an atmosphere everyone loved.

“There was more room for people to dance, which was nice. Also, I thought they had a lot more decorations, and the photo booth was really fun,” said junior Sam Zoellner.

St. Dominic’s Homecoming this year was a huge success. Let’s tip our hats to Student Council and everyone who made the night in the Wild Wild West one to remember!