60 Second Spotlight

Justin Bieber: Purpose World Tour 2016

Beliebers all over the world have been resurrected as Justin Bieber made his amazing comeback on the Purpose World Tour. Bieber entertained his St. Louis audience by showcasing all of his talents: an outrageous drum solo, unique choreography for each song and an acoustic session between his voice and the guitar. Bieber’s special effects were just as impressive. He performed “Company” while doing back flips on a trampoline above the audience, sang “I’ll Show You” while inside a cage rigged with special effect lights and closed the show with hit single “Sorry” while literally singing in the rain. Although Bieber has replaced his purple, clean cut look with a rugged, tattooed style, he still performed hit singles including “Boyfriend” and “Baby.” Bieber proved that his 2016 tour really does have a purpose: to show that although his looks and style have changed, his talent and drive have not.

Rating: 10/10

students soccer players selling footprints t-shirts

Footprints Followup

For the past four years, the St. Dominic Crusaders and the Ursaline Bears have worn customized T-shirts during their game and sold them to students, family and fans to support SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. Coach Greg Koeller and the SDHS soccer program play each game in honor of Marsha Koeller, wife of Greg Koeller and mother of senior Mary Koeller and freshman Grace Koeller, who passed away in 2009 after battling cancer. The girls not only talk the talk, but they walk the walk; in addition to selling the T-shirts and playing in the game, the girls visit the children’s hospital to meet the patients impacted by the program. The soccer team sold an estimated 275 shirts, as well as raffle tickets, which means they raised over $2,750 for the hospital. Congratulations to Coach Koeller and the Varsity, JV and freshman soccer teams for another year of Footprints.

Rating: 10/10

image
proposed iphone 7 design

iPhone 7

Rumor has it Apple is releasing a new iPhone in September. Design ideas and new features are already being released, but the consumers are not very happy. Apple plans to completely change the way we listen to music and charge our phones by going all wireless; the iPhone 7 design lacks a headphone jack and a charging port. Leaked photos have caused speculation about the camera design, leading consumers to believe that Apple plans to add a dual lens camera to the phone. The iPhone 7 will not come out until the fall of 2016, but if the design plans stay true to the rumors, there will be complaints.

Rating: 4/10