Spring, Winter, Fall… Hagan Does Them All!

No stranger to hard work, senior Matt Hagan has been balancing his school work, social life and sports ever since he started his high school career at St. Dominic. Hagan plays all three seasons of athletics during the school year. With football in the fall, basketball in the winter and tennis in the spring, Hagan’s schedule is never empty.

Hagan’s decision to play football, basketball and tennis was strongly influenced by his older brothers, Alex and John. When all three brothers were attending St. Dominic, it was fun for Matt because they were able to play together and push each other to do their best.

“I would say that they influenced me to play these sports because my freshman year I really wanted to play the sports with them, and I might have chosen a different sport if they had,” said Hagan.

Hagan doesn’t like one sport more than the others, but his favorite is usually the one he is playing at the time. He believes that each sport has its different aspects to love.

Since Hagan plays sports in all three seasons, he has learned to adapt to balancing homework and practices. However, it can still be difficult at times since he practices for around two to three hours each night, leaving little time for homework or social activities.

Hagan has high expectations for this upcoming tennis season and believes it will be a great one. He thinks that the team will be able to do very well this year, and he is excited to see what his last season of high school sports has in store for him. Hagan doesn’t plan on playing any sports in college, but will most likely participate in intramural sports. While he will miss playing high school sports, Hagan is excited to see what his future has in store for him as well.