Meet Mr. Menke

Mr. Menke

The sports-loving new P.E. teacher Mr. Menke made the transition from instructing grade school to St. Dominic this year. Mr. Menke’s passions for coaching and teaching make him a valuable new addition to the St. Dominic community.

Despite it being his first year teaching at St. Dominic, Mr. Menke was a name already known around school. Last year, he was hired as the new varsity girls basketball coach. Additionally, he volunteered to help coach the varsity girls soccer team alongside Mr. Koeller last spring. Mr. Menke has always aspired to work at St. Dominic, so he jumped at the chance to become the new P.E. teacher.

“I always wanted to work here. I love the school and the kids and I’m glad I got a job here,” said Mr. Menke.

Mr. Menke worked at Immacolata School in Clayton before coming to St. Dominic this year. Transitioning from grade school to high school was a massive change for him.

“I honestly wasn’t sure what I was going to like or not like [about high school], but it’s been awesome. The kids have been great, so it’s made the transition a lot easier,” said Mr. Menke.

Mr. Menke did not always know he wanted to be a teacher and a coach. His former high school basketball coach was a teacher, and he positively influenced Mr. Menke into also becoming a teacher and coach.

Besides teaching and coaching, Mr. Menke’s favorite part of working at St. Dominic is being able to interact with the students, especially the ones he coaches. He likes getting to know what his athletes are like inside the classroom.

Outside of teaching and coaching, Mr. Menke enjoys watching and playing sports. especially soccer and basketball. His favorite T.V. show right now is The Walking Dead. He loves to eat chicken and listen to rock music.

Mr. Menke’s dream is to be a part of a soccer or basketball state championship at St. Dominic. His passion for coaching will surely pay off in the future.