Hanging With Mrs. Hagan

Mrs. Hagan

Apart from being a busy mother of four and a student herself, Mrs. Hagan is the new face of computer science at St. Dominic. The school community welcomes her with open arms.

Mrs. Hagan graduated from the University of Louisville with a degree in mechanical engineering. Before deciding to teach at St. Dominic, Mrs. Hagan was a mechanical engineer for Ford Motor Company and also worked for U.S. Pipe and Foundry Company. However, after having three sons and one daughter, Mrs. Hagan decided to be a stay-at-home mom for a while. She knew that one day she wanted to apply her mechanical engineer degree in a classroom, but was waiting for the right time. After attending a St. Dominic Rosary ceremony, Mrs. Hagan felt that her heart was telling her to enter into teaching.

“I was kind of waiting for the nudge and the right time to enter a career in teaching, and as I was sitting there I thought, ‘This seems like the right time’,” said Mrs. Hagan.

Between being a mother of four and a computer science teacher, Mrs. Hagan is also a student at Lindenwood University, working towards a teaching degree. Although it is hard to balance being a student, a teacher and a mom all at the same time, Mrs. Hagan is doing her best.

While she is new to teaching, Mrs. Hagan is not new to the St. Dominic community. Her three sons have all gone through St. Dominic, with her youngest, Matt, graduating this year. Her daughter, who is in seventh grade, will also attend St. Dominic in the future. Mrs. Hagan loves the community and is excited to be a part of it.

Outside of the classroom, Mrs. Hagan loves caring for her family. She often visits her two sons at college and stays busy with her children’s sports events. Her favorite movie of all time is Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. She enjoys eating sushi and listening to Ed Sheeran and country music.

Mrs. Hagan plans to complete her teaching certification by 2017 and hopes to continue to add to the computer science program at St. Dominic High School.