The Circus Comes To St. Dominic

Another amazing homecoming week goes down in the books for St. Dominic as the kickoff to the beginning of the school year officially ends. The carnival theme was a huge success from start to finish, and the dance on Saturday was the perfect way to end the week.

Decorations in the gym were incredible, with a circus tent made of streamers hanging from the ceiling. It was obvious how much work the student council and cabinet members put into making this dance enjoyable for the students. The DJ brought everyone together and kept them moving on the dance floor. From the freshmen experiencing their first homecoming dance to seniors attending their last, you could feel an abundance of energy in the air.

At 8:30 it was time for the main event. It was what we had all been waiting for…the announcement of our homecoming king and queen! Sean Dolan and Cali Bracken walked away with the crowns and huge smiles to wild applause from the crowd. When asked about how she felt about being on court and being the homecoming queen Cali said, “I was excited to be on court because I had never been on it before but I was nervous to walk out in front of everyone at the pep assembly and the homecoming game. I was really surprised that I won but I’m happy that I did!”

After court was announced, some seniors had everyone circle up in the center of the floor and began one of the all time favorite chants, “Let’s go.” Everyone crowded together and ended with D-O-M-I-N-I-C. After the cheers, everyone broke from the tight huddle and the dance continued on. Many pictures and Snapchats taken throughout the night showed just how much fun all the students had this year.

Even though the evening slowed down as more people left, the dance floor was kept alive with lingering students who enjoyed every minute they could until 10:00 PM when the night was officially over.

A huge thank you goes out to the student council, cabinet members, teacher and parent volunteers, because without them we would not be able to have had such an amazing dance. All attendees now have a new memory from under the big top that will last them a lifetime.