Do Something!

St. Dominic students

Here at St. Dominic there are many clubs and activities to get involved in; in fact, there are too many to write about! It is important to be involved in the school community because it provides opportunities to meet people of similar interests and see what others enjoy and believe in. There are many other benefits of being involved, especially in multiple clubs. Two such benefits are gaining leadership and getting the chance to help others.

Here are some clubs recommended by your peers:

“Join Pro-Life Club because you get to show what you believe in and express yourself.” –Emily Schaefer

“I suggest people get involved in Ambassadors Club because not only do you get shadows and help out at special events, you also get to meet people around Dominic and learn more about the school.” –Bianca Foushee

Music INC. performing at Mass
Music INC. performing at Mass

“Music Inc., because it is a lot of fun and you get to express your faith and be spiritual.” –Clayton Arnold

“AD is a bible study group that I helped set up. We meet every Thursday morning at 7:15.” –Jack Hogan

“I think that people get involved in Student Council because they see some of the changes that take place because of us or the events we run. It is a great group to be in and has potential to change the school as the students see fit. There are also really great leaders in it, so I think people may see them as role models. ” –Brady Young

“Model UN because it is a lot of fun and it looks great on a college application.” –Alexis Liszewski

“FCA is a really good way to meet people and it is a lot of fun.” –Joey Kuhn

“Gaming Club because if you are a little nerdy, you get to play games. You also get to meet a lot of cool people.” –Clayton Arnold

Here is some advice from teachers and administration:

“It is important for students to be involved because you never know what your next favorite thing might be. You need to try everything at one point in time.” –Mrs. Joyce

“I think it is important to get involved because it enhances your high school experience and you get to know people you would not otherwise know. ” –Mr. Wade

“I think it is important for both teachers and students to get involved in clubs and other activities as this prepares all of us for real life. God made us beings that interact with one another and learn and grow closer to him when we watch and learn from others. Clubs and other activities allow us to let our love for God and for each other shine through as we have fun, goof around and enjoy each other’s company.” –Mr. Hennekes

Make sure to attend the next club meeting that interests you. I challenge each of you to try something new and get involved in the St. Dominic community.