Religion Department is Getting a New Seating Chart

Just like our English classrooms this year, our religion rooms are getting revamped.

St. Dominic’s Religion and Journalism classes are getting all new furniture, and everyone is extremely excited. The current furniture has very limited seating and doesn’t leave much room for collaborative and interactive learning. 

With this new furniture will come flexible seating and so many of the students and teachers can’t wait for the plan to take action. 

“The furniture will be great for moving around and having a ton of collaboration opportunities. It’ll be nice to have those spaces for little groups, big groups, and having the flexibility for different learning activities,” Religion Teacher, Mrs. Betsy Swartstrom said. 

Since St. Dominic has been testing out the new furniture in the English department, the students have been giving their opinions on a way to improve classrooms. This allows the school to create the best possible learning environments for the future. 

“The furniture will be similar to what you see in the English department. We’ve taken some soft polls of students who have been using the new furniture in the English classrooms to see what they like, don’t like and their favorite parts. We’re hoping to create collaboration and more discussion opportunities for the students,” Principal, Mrs. Stacy Stewart said. 

So many students get easily distracted, but with the new furniture options being put in the religion rooms they make it easier to focus and pay attention to the teacher. 

“The new furniture helps me learn better and is more comfortable which makes it easier to focus and learn in the classroom setting,” Sophomore Mandy Lawson said.  

Along with the Religion department getting new furniture so are St. Dominic’s Journalism classes. Journalism does so many collaborative writing assignments, and working together in groups, so this new seating will greatly benefit them. 

“We are excited about getting furniture that is comfortable and easy to move around,” Journalism and Broadcasting Teacher, Mr. Noah Duncan said.

Overall, the St. Dominic students and teachers cannot wait for the new, interactive, learning environments taking place in the 2023-2024 school year. It will benefit the student and teachers in so many amazing ways