Signing On to A New Chapter

Mrs. Gilmore

Senior Carson Prescott signed to William Woods University to continue his academic and athletic career in baseball.

National Signing Day was this past Tuesday, on November 11 and many of our St. Dominic students were able to participate in this monumental day in their college careers. Seniors all around the board signed for all kinds of sports, and we couldn’t be more proud!

Soccer

Soccer seemed to be the most popular sport that our Crusaders signed for. Senior Gabby Hennessy signed to Rockhurst, and was more than thrilled to finally make the commitment. The future of soccer is bright for Hennessy, and we can’t wait to watch her succeed on the field.

“I chose this school because it is more than just a great soccer program. It is about my future beyond college, the familiar faces I ran into while visiting, and as a major plus there is a church on campus. I look forward to meeting and forming bonds with new girls from places other than St. Louis,” Hennessy said.

Joining Hennessy at Rockhurst, senior Jess Grayek has always been a show-stopper on the field. Grayek has been working hard on the St. Dominic varsity soccer team since she was a freshman, and she has proven many times that she is dedicated and willing to go the distance.

“I am so happy I will be attending Rockhurst along with Gabby. The soccer program is incredible there, and I feel so honored that I get to be able to be a part of this team and study physical therapy while I’m there,” Grayek said.

Another soccer star, Ashley Martinez, signed to University of Wisconsin to continue her academic and athletic career. When Martinez found out she was offered a spot at her dream school for the upcoming year, she was thrilled.

“I was at my house on the phone with my coach, and I could not believe it. I was really excited about everything because University of Wisconsin was my dream college,” Martinez said.

Senior Emma Berens also committed to Truman State University, senior Rylie Combs has decided on Mississippi State and senior Logan Racine is headed to Rider University. Congratulations, soccer girls!

Baseball

Also on the spring sport side of signing, senior Carson Prescott signed to William Woods University to show his incredible baseball skills and hard work ethic. Carson has put in the work to get where he is today, and he isn’t done yet.

“I chose this school because I knew I could get a good education and study what I wanted to, while also playing the sport that I wanted to. It was an overwhelming feeling to be able to sign the paper knowing that I was good enough to make it to the next level to play baseball,” Prescott said.

Lacrosse

Lydia Cornett makes the sport of lacrosse look easy. After playing for varsity as a freshman, Cornett has shown St. Dominic her overwhelming and successful talent over these past few years. Cornett will be attending Missouri Baptist University to continue her career!

“I look forward to becoming close with my future teammates and making new friends. I would also like to continue playing lacrosse at the collegiate level so I can improve my game and play the sport that I love for as long as I can,” Cornett said.

Volleyball

Senior Audrey Weber was the only one of the volleyball girls to sign on Tuesday, but wasn’t able to share the special moment beside her fellow classmates. Weber was quarantined at home, so she just signed her papers and sent them back over to Lindenwood University, where she’ll be attending and playing volleyball.

“It was hard to not be able to sign in person with everyone else, but I’m so glad all of the stress is over. I’m finally going to Lindenwood, and I couldn’t be happier,” Weber said.

Softball

Senior Jessie Blaine is headed to Auburn University for softball! Blaine has made a huge impact on our softball program, and she has definitely earned her spot as a D1 athlete.

The outstanding talent and hard work our Crusaders have shown us will lead them into a future where they can share their athletic abilities on the field in their new future, and we’re so excited to support them. “I’m super excited that yesterday I signed my NLI to play at auburn. I committed as a freshman and have been watching my friends sign and go off to their colleges for years. It’s finally my turn,” said Blaine.