The student news site of St. Dominic High School

Day 4: CSW Treats Donut Disappoint

January 31, 2019

With only one day left of Catholic schools week, the students and faculty received a nice little pick me up this morning. Due to weather, Crusaders were blessed with a late start, but students used this opportunity for many different reasons.

“The late start was nice, I like sleeping in,” senior Kennedy Murray said.

“The late start was nice, I had to come in to study for a math test. I didn’t really sleep in. I woke up at 7:30 and I usually wake up at 7:30,” senior Victor Glinsky said.

“I didn’t much sleep cause G-money (Mr. Cissle) needed me to come in for choir this morning at 8:45,” freshman Lexi Bross said.

But the morning kept getting better with Catholic schools week surprises. When students entered through the front doors this morning, they were greeted by multiple boxes of donuts for them to choose from. Those who indulged in taking a donut, or a few, enjoyed them.

“The donuts were delicious,” freshman Jacob Moore said.

“The five donuts I ate this morning were my favorite part of Catholic schools week. The glazed donut was my favorite,” Bross said.

On top of receiving donuts, classes watched a motivational talk in first period. The video fit perfectly into the theme for the day, which was “succeed.”

“The video was very inspiring. I like it, like the success,” Moore said.

As Catholic schools week is quickly coming to an end, everyone is looking forward to the last day. Tomorrow students and faculty will be competing in a dodgeball tournament. Even those not participating are excited.

“I will not be doing the dodgeball tournament tomorrow but I will be watching. I would fail. It would not be pretty,” sophomore Anna Clark said.

“I will not be in the dodgeball tournament tomorrow but good luck to anyone who’s in it,” Moore said.

Good luck to anyone who is signed up for the tournament tomorrow! Hopefully both students and teachers will get some good laughs out of the event.