Leave Your Legacy

The girls varsity volleyball team is leaving it all on the court this season with an impressive 14-4-2 record. These girls are working hard every day and are beating personal bests, with a recent third place finish in the Oakville Tournament – the best they have ever done. These achievements have been driven by the team’s five seniors, with four of them committed to play in college.

Haleigh Borich

Right side player Haleigh Borich transferred from Barat Academy to St. Dominic before the start of her sophomore year, partially for the volleyball program.

“I knew Dominic had a really good program. Everyone here was super welcoming and the girls were accepting of me. Coach Allen helped me with my form and become a better player,” said Borich.

Haleigh is committed to D2 college William Jewell. Although she originally did not want to play college volleyball, Borich changed her mind after meeting the coaches. She attended a camp at William Jewell and fell in love with the campus. She chatted with the coaches and instantly created a bond with them, and she later received an offer.

Allie Otten

Allie Otten is the varsity setter. Making varsity her freshman year, Otten has constantly led the team to success, becoming team captain as a sophomore. She has grown as a player in both skill and leadership.

“This is my third year being a captain for Dominic volleyball; it has not always been easy, but the girls on the team have made it worthwhile. Being a captain as a sophomore was challenging, but it gave me experience to lead the following,” said Otten.

Otten’s hard work has certainly paid off, as she is going to D1 college Illinois State University. She chose Illinois State because of the community and the competitive aspect on the court. She loved the players and coaches, and she thinks it is a perfect fit for her.

Amanda Tippett

Outside hitter and defensive specialist Amanda Tippett is committed to D2 college McKendree University. Since making varsity sophomore year, Tippett has been a force to be reckoned with in both the front and back row. Although she may be unstoppable, an inflamed rotator cuff came as a setback.

“A confidence issue definitely came up. Once you come back from an injury, you think you’re stronger than ever and then having it happen two years in a row you lose confidence and think ‘it’s definitely going to happen again.’ Luckily, so far this year I have taken the extra precautions and done the extra things where I don’t have to worry about it,” said Tippett.

Even with this injury, nothing can stop Tippett. She is back this season after having to sit out of the state tournament due to her injury. Although she is a fantastic all-around player, Tippett is committed as a libero at McKendree. She could not be more thrilled, as she can put all of her focus on back row training, rather than worrying about her shoulder and front row.

Lindsay Woltering

Libero Lindsay Woltering is committed to D2 college Truman State University. After becoming varsity libero as a sophomore, Woltering has led a stronger defense for the past three years. Becoming libero as an underclassmen has helped both Woltering and the team grow. She became a bigger part of the team and gained confidence that she could lead.

“At first I was a little nervous because I was so young, but I felt like I had a place on the team so I felt comfortable with the other players and it was a good opportunity,” said Woltering.

Woltering felt right at home on her tour of Truman, enjoying the cozy campus and the friendliness of the coach. She is excited to attend Truman next fall, but Woltering is cherishing her last weeks of high school volleyball.

As the season starts coming to a close, the girls hope to keep their momentum going into districts. The varsity team is better than ever with a closer bond and more intense training.

These four seniors have put in countless hours and overcome numerous obstacles to become the players they are today. As their final high school season begins to come to a close, make sure to attend one of their last home games and cheer them on in districts.